of circles and flames...

Ok let’s get started with the ideas behind the circle theory.

Most of us know that there are three schools of thought regarding man n god... Dvaita, Advaita and Vishishtaadvaita... hope I spelled right. I believe in the Advaita theory; that is god and man are one and the same... in fact all is one... and that one is god... he whole universe is one...

Now... if all of us are a part of god then why is it that we can’t understand each other completely? Why do we have differences in our way of thought and perception?

The “Arini” theory...

I always thought the answer was that we cud picture god as a huge burning fire and each of us is a spark or an “Arini”. When we flare up we are born and when the spark dies out so do we. And as you can see the lifespan of a spark is too small compare to the flame. The flame is eternal. No spark is alike; it’s unique in its own way. The amount of time it stays up and the height to which it goes is all special to it. This theory explains almost all my queries. But then I was in search of a different theory; a theory mainly to tell me about the difference in perception and not of life n lifespan n heights and all.

The Circle theory...

Geometry to the rescue. Let god be a circle; a huge circle. Now it serves the purpose of being eternal with no beginning or end. Each of us is a point on the circle. It serves the purpose of having infinitely many points on a circle or creations of god. We are all part of him. In fact all of us together form him. Now, let perceptions be the tangents. Every tangent is a tangent at a point. So every person has a perception. Tangents are lines and they meet each other. So people’s thoughts often are similar and they agree with each other. Some agree soon enough if the tangents meet close by, and some argue for a long time till they agree if the tangents meet far off, and some don’t agree at all if the tangents are almost parallel.

But, every tangent meets the circle only once. I mean to say that every person’s perception is unique. They may coincide a few times after some talking together. But, they will not entirely coincide always. They can’t be two people who are alike in every way. Sure, points close by have a lot in common; they may have many similarities, but, not exactly the same.

Well... I think its cool... I am looking for suggestions and points to be raised so tat I can get more doubts and reform the theory more. You know, every time I repeat the theory I make changes. So maybe one fine day I would have made enough changes to make it an acceptable theory and submit a paper to some theological society. :P

Now for the history and technology thingy... you know what... after the circle theory this one sounds so uncool... hmmm... I think this is enuf for a day... today I still have to write a story... as for this theory... may be sometime later... when I am in the mood for it...

Comments

  1. Why just a circle? Why not any irregular closed loop?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment