A Sunny Day for Sunflowers

Walking down the steadily curving road was a little girl in a white dress. She looked at the shops as she passed by them and saw the beautiful things that were displayed in the windows. The wonderful dresses, stylish shades, elegant perfumes and delicious sweets were all so tempting. She gazed at them. She could buy them if she wanted. She could wear those beautiful dresses and shades and perfumes and eat those sweets. But she didn't as much as she would like to. Instead she bought a bouquet of sunflowers.

I watched her from my table by the road where I ate my sandwich and sipped my coffee every morning for breakfast. I walked up to her and asked her why she bought the flowers when she so longingly looked at the sweets and the dresses.
"At least you still would have the dress and sweets fill your stomach. What worth are these flowers which would wither away by tomorrow? You can only gaze at their beauty, but for how long?"

She smiled at me. "What are your favorite flowers?"
"Sunflowers"
"The very same that lie in my arms right now?"
"Yes"
"Here you go!" She put them in my hands. I was surprised. "These are for you!"
I nervously smiled at her and tried to give them back to her. She stubbornly refused.

Finally I had to accept and she made to leave when I asked her for her name. She smiled. Oh, such a sweet smile! "Find out" was all she said.

It didn't make any sense to me. And I watched her walk away when I made to go back to my cold breakfast on my table. I reached my table to see that there was yet another bouquet of sunflowers lying there.

Comments

  1. As Sir Jagger put it....

    "You can't always get what you want)
    But if you try sometimes, well you just might find
    You get what you need"

    ReplyDelete
  2. shoo puppet:


    n ya the gurl was too sweet, I Cant call these hallucinations.,.
    but the post was like a sweet hallucination..
    I know U get wat i mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @madman
    don't i always ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya you do, n thats gonna be the next biG problem

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. @madman
    and what wud be ur soln ?? :S

    ReplyDelete
  6. you shall see

    *he talks as if he is gonna scare the shit out of her by sayin this, but wen he says it he starts havin his doubts.*

    ReplyDelete
  7. @madman
    not scared.. sounds like u have something cute in mind :)

    *she's trying to be like the optimistic madamn*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment