Trip to Pondy

Naah! not Pondicherry
So my Roomie and I took a walk down Pondy bazaar, T Nagar.
It was hot and stuffy and had too many people around the whole wide world.
They were tiny lanes with insane items and insane prices to be bargained to half the price first quoted.

Why did we go there?
We seniors are going to pass out and we have like a few dinners lined up and at least for 2 or 3 we are expected to make an appearance in sarees. And the last time I wore a saree I realised its not just a saree; I need a lot of accessories to go along with it.
Where best than pondy bazaar.

So we walked those lanes stumbling against people. Our first bargain was bad; a necklace set for 200 when quoted 295 and he agreed so easily too. The rest seemed reasonably well bargained and worth it. But I think we spent too much on traveling expenses :P

Landed back with 3 necklace sets, 2 pairs of earrings and 3 sets of bangles between the two of us, within 500 I guess. Sounds like a loot :)


And now my head aches due to that incandescent lamps they use and the noise and the bargaining and the heat and all that but it was kind of fun !

Comments