Hometown

As I was mentioning in my last post, I m confused as to which city do I say I belong to.

I was born in the city where my mother's parents live, but I was brought up in Visakhapatnam where I stayed for the first 18 years of my life.
I studied in a hostel for 4 years in Chennai where in the first one year I went home to Visakhapatnam but for the next three years I mostly went to Bangalore for hols where my sister works and my mother often visited.

Now I m studying in a hostel in Kolkata.
Now my sister still works in Bangalore.
She is married to a guy who works in Seattle.
My father is transferred to and is working in Hyderabad.
And I m going to Hyderabad for New Year.

So next time I introduce myself do I say I m from Hyderabad ??


In my cell phone, my house number in Vizag is still stored as "Home" though disconnected and my house number in Hyd is stored as "Home Hyd".

Comments

  1. Lol, I've the same confusion. I've realized that nobody actually cares which city you're from- at leaset, not as much as you do. My new strat is to as them where they're from first. And then pick the place closest :P Followed by "but right now I study in.."

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can say you are from visakhapatnam, because that's where you've spent most of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @The Dryad, jam
    I shall always say I m from Visakhapatnam. I just cannot belong anywhere else :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment