Seized the Day!

Carpe Diem - That's the name of our culfest at IIMC and it was over a weekend.

But my weekend started a day before that.

I woke up Thursday morning to run around randomly. Yes, that's exactly what I did. I ran around randomly.
A few seniors in an attempt to revive the IIMC Chapter of SPIC-MACAY, organized a Hindustani violin lecture-cum-demonstration by Padma Bhushan Dr. N. Rajam. I had volunteered to help out in the organization. It was fun to help around but the concert was amazing. She was a woman with a spell. I wished I could stay through the concert but I had to leave for the last day of my dramatics practice, my play being on Friday.

I walked into the auditorium where we have practice and I walked out at 7.30 the next morning. All through we rehearsed, we checked out costumes, we set the lights, we painted the sets, we slept 9 of us in a tiny room, we had random 'chemistry games', we tried improvising and basically we had loads of fun. In between, I slipped off for Razzmatazz (Fashion Show) practice.

On Friday, I slept at 7.30 in the morning. Woke up at 12 o'clock. After bath and lunch I packed by bag preparing for the whole day and went for Razzmatazz practice. After that I went to audi and parked myself there. Everyone came in and there was a lot of hustle-bustle. Somewhere there i got my make-up done.

We landed up on stage and performed. Perform we did!

After the play, we all got on stage for credits and in between the whole lot of commotion, I had to run for Razzmatazz. I then changed out of my play costume into my Razzmatazz costume and also out of my play make-up to the Razzmatazz make-up.

And then I walked the ramp and ran around to join by play'mates'. Then we headed out to Azad Hind Dhaba where we thulped. Not I, just we ! On masala cold-drink, chicken, and some stuff I can't remember. And then we came back and sang stupid songs on the Jetty.

And that is how Carpe Diem was inaugurated for me!


Comments