Niagara Falls!

Niagara literally means "split in the land" according to native americans (though I have not been able to find a link saying so on the internet; I read it Niagara) and is made of the American Falls and the Horse Shoe Falls (and even the Bridal Veil Falls I think).

This is where we went on Saturday.
We went to the Cave of the Winds tour where you walk past the gushing American Falls which can seem adventurous. It was fun. But sadly I wore leggings with sole and my wet were soaked in water that must be about 5deg C.
We then went to the Maid of the Mist boat tour where we were taken on a boat to the center part of the Horse Shoe Falls. The cold wind and mist were in my face and I was surrounded on three sides by the falls. You cannot feel anything due to the cold and you cannot hear anything due to the gush of the wind. This moment was miraculous, almost divine! A moment that makes you feel so small in front of nature.
The major part of the area was connected by trolley whose driver provided insightful information about how dangerous the falls and the water current are and how careful we must be. I wondered how it feels to be dragged away by the current and thrown into the falls and not survive. I made my way back with ice cold feet and I could actually not feel most of my feet and my hands lost some of the motor control or rather my thumbs were no longer useful as thumbs. So we had to stop by at a rest room and I got myself to get my fingers back.

There was a statue of Nikola Tesla there. I don't know why. I like him. So I took a picture.

Comments