New York and beyond: MY 500

My last few days spent in New York were fun, fast and fascinating.

I ceased being a tourist and then, I fell in love with New York; its city lights, noisy crowds, dirty streets, obnoxious people and vibrant environment.

Walked on the chilly streets of Manhattan, stared at the high rise empires built from scratch for inspiration, visited a Vegan restaurant, saw a few upper end (read, out-of-my-league) cars in real life, stopped by at Hoboken to view NY on the left and NJ on the right over the Hudson, drove past Edison Township, made more friends, submitted a final paper due for a course at Simmons, all in the middle of a ticket fiasco.

On Wednesday morning, I left to the airport (without a ticket). A few airlines, few counters and few explanations later I got my ticket and hung around a bit before I got on my 14 hour flight to Delhi. On reaching Delhi, my India phone began to work and I had to make two phone calls and send two emails to let people know that I arrived safely (mind you, I had to notify all of them just before I sat on the plane too). I spent the next 20 hours with less than 5 sentences off my mouth before I landed safe and sound and with a stamp on my visa, in Hyderabad.

Home. Sweet, Home.


Psst: Here ends 'Exchange Dairies' and is my 500th post!!!

Update: This also happens to be my 100th post of my 5th year in Blogging :)

Comments

  1. welcome back and congratulations on your 500th blog article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!! :)

    If I may put a number to it - I would bet most people don't manage to go past 5 posts...500 puts you in another league altogether (maybe it makes you special enough to own one of those cars).... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. sethu6:03 am

    nice :)
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it 500 ! wat harish said was right ! and yes I liked the part "obnoxious people" :) ha ha. I wish we'd be sharing this over a cup of warm coffee ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone !
    @harish: lemme know if nayone is willing to gimme their car owing to my blog
    @sneha: sure, we'll catch up, march

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:31 pm

    Maybe you will want to put a facebook button to your site. Just bookmarked this site, but I must complete this manually. Just my suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment