Is criticism a new fad?

(A first meeting conversation)

Where are you from?
India.
Yes yes, where in India?
I doubt you'd know. It's a beach town on the east coast. Visakhapatnam.
Oh. I've actually been to India.
Oh you did? Where about?
Mostly north.  ... I don't like what they did to Mumbai.
What do you mean?
I don't like how the government threw everyone out. All the other cities in the world throw people out organically. London becomes expensive and people leave. But mumbai was built by throwing people out. It could have been more organised.

***

(Not the first time. The rest of the discussion did indeed result in fair understanding of each other's point of view)

I would most definitely support a woman.
Over a man.
Yes, if they are equally qualified. I believe a woman worked harder than a man to get to this equal position.
Now that is discrimination.

***

(A first meeting conversation)

Calcutta is safe. As a woman I feel it's a safe place. People come to help you.
Really, like how?
Well one time some guy commented on us girls and I turned around and started blasting him and people came around to blast him too.
Have you ever considered that if you blast him, he'll get only more inclined to tease girls?

***

Comments