Circus !

In a span for 4 weeks I watched two circuses (not the one with animals, only people doing weird but entertaining stuff).

I watched a massive circus production in a large auditorium last month. They had web pages full of descriptions of each character and the idea and conception of the circus. It was good, really good. And I haven't seen circus since I don't remember when, so I was impressed. But all the shows were of very few people, some even just one or two people shows. It was far away and it was hard to see up close. I enjoyed it though.

I watched a circus on Saturday, in a small tent with a small gathering of people. It was absolutely breathtaking. It was beautifully presented and had everything I would expect in circus except the trapeze but to make up for the trapeze they had three people on three poles do incredible things. The fire show was the best. It's always been my favourite and it was wonderfully done.


The music was created on stage, as is with all circuses. And all in all they are 7/8 performers and may be a couple behind the scenes making it barely a 10 member troupe. All of this was happening so close you could touch them and some of the shows happen above your head.

If I had to choose one word: exhilarating.


Comments