Last summer long weekend

The weekend began with a dinner with an old friend that I don't know when I will meet again.
Good to wake up early on a Saturday morning to make a quick trip to work to run some errands and grab breakfast, only to come back home and have lunch. It was good that I ate well since the rest of the day was standing dancing festival in a big big muddle puddle of a park after a downpour. 
SW4 was amazing in spite of all that. We heard Gareth Emery on the main stage for a short while before moving to a tent to listen to Orjan Nilsen, not so impressive. But he was quickly replaced by Aly & Fila. 


We moved to the main stage to listen to Sanden Van Door and Eddie Halliwell. We went back to the tent for Paul Van Dyk. And finally got back to the main stage to listen to Laidback Luke closing and finally the Armin Van Burren. 

Image courtesy: CB

That was 7 hours of a trance music. Enough for a long long while I think. By the time Armin came on stage I was so tired I just wanted to sleep and my feet were firmly planted inside a thick swamp. But his music was truly a trance. And I don't even know how I survived... This is what it feels like...


I woke up on Sunday at 7am but my legs were so sore I could barely walk. And I had a train to catch at 9.30. I wasn't sure I could, especially considering the fact that I was to cycle 15kms that day and back the next. But I did. We all turned up at between 9.10 and 9.20, each of us thinking the other is late and we all managed to get the 9.30 train to Wareham. At Wareham we hired cycles and rode to Lulworth cove. 


We then had a long walk to Durdle Door. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.
 

We took the coastal route back from Durdle Door to Lulworth and played scrabble late into the night. The next morning we rode easier, probably because we were used to it. We stopped at the Lulworth Castle, pretty for weddings. Then we rode back to Wareham and hopped on a train.  


Some friends, some village, some cycling, some countryside, no cellphone reception, some beach, some hiking, some castle - a complete British holiday in two days.

Comments